Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Farewell Ticket

Arrrgghhh
What a send off. Yesterday when I was shopping for the one present (other than Little E) that I am required to buy this year (thanks to a present swap) I naively parked on West Fourth along with a row of other suckers and came out to an empty strip and a tow truck loading the last of us onto his lift.
One hundred and fifty dollars later (not including the gift money) I was right back where I started. The second most painful part of the scenario was the fact that I had arranged childcare for Little E in order for me to do some running around. At the end of the 2 hours the only thing I had managed to do was stop at a grocery store to pick up more boxes - ooo fun.

Today turned out to be more productive. I dropped Little E off at our friend Kate's house where she played with little Hannah. I packed 2 boxes, did 2 loads of laundry, vacuumed the house, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher and still had time to sit down and eat.

I wish I would have arranged some more play dates with Kate and our neighbour Sarah. Little E had so much fun with their little girls - once home, she said their names for the rest of the day.
I'm sure we'll meet some new friends in the Comox Valley too. Gulp.
Here's a cute little video (thanks to Parker's mom Donna) from Little E's play date last Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment