Monday, December 5, 2011

Holy Cow.
I hope you'll forgive me while I have my head in the porcelain bowl these days, I have not been getting to my writing…

We had a very busy weekend, perhaps that's why I was feeling so sick again. There were some major highlights including GG (Grandma Gail) arriving for a visit, meeting baby Beatrice, Dress shopping for Auntie Soph and a special author conference call for our book club.

The excitement continued with Parker's first day back today after a weeks holiday in Ontario. The girls were really cute about seeing each other, hugging and holding hands. Little E "encouraging" Parker to follow her in a stroller derby and squeeze into the cardboard house that's barely holding together.

I'll elaborate on the weekend too. We got to meet Little E's little cousin Beatrice for the first time at 2 weeks old. She was so tiny and sweet, sleeping the whole time on a little satin pillow on her mommy's lap. It's amazing to think that Little E was ever that delicate! And to think we'll have another one soon. Yeesh.

The wedding dress shopping we did for Auntie Soph was fabulous despite my cracker crunching through the appointment. I was just lucky not to unload my snacks on any of the dresses. They were gorgeous. We only went to one shop called Frocks, but already there is a strong contender. I will say no more…

We had an amazing send off book club (my last official hurrah before the move) with a call in to the author (who just so happens to be my step-brother-in-law). We read Brian Payton's exciting, moving and inspiring Shadow of the Bear: Travels in Vanishing Wilderness. The discussion was excellent of course, but was made that much more meaningful with the opportunity to ask Brian some questions. Our meal topped it off and the whole experience got us talking about creating a book club cook book, listing the books that inspire the feasts.

Last but far from least, we have GG here for a few days. She is taking full advantage of the city, slotting in a pedicure around the corner and a performance of the German Requiem at the Orpheum with Auntie Soph. It is like old times having her here, cooking and cleaning; it's reminiscent of Little E's first few weeks.





No comments:

Post a Comment