Sunday, December 18, 2011

Emotional Work

We are in the thick of packing right now. The only reason I have time to write this is because Daddy C has gone out to get more boxes.

I was doing ok emotionally, until we started taking all of the pictures off the walls. I think I am mostly worried about Little E. We visit the picture wall at least once a day, and already she has noticed that her favourite baby playing piano photo has disappeared. Her room is looking much more bare and there are boxes piled everywhere.

The only reconciliation is that soon we will be seeing a good number of the people in the photos in person. And I was thinking about it the other day, although I remember a number of the places we lived when I was little, I don't ever remember the actual move process. So hopefully this isn't as traumatizing for Little E as I'm imagining. It's probably harder for me.

p.s. Little E gave herself a porridge spa this morning. Perhaps a relaxing mechanism…



No comments:

Post a Comment