Sunday, September 11, 2011

I Love the Weekend

What a couple of days!!!

Yesterday was a do-it-yourself extravaganza - smoking salmon and making dill pickles. We spent the day in our back yard with some good friends being productive, eating and drinking and talking about life. How very Little House on the Prairie I felt.

Saturday evening I repaid a dear friend with a night of babysitting. Good old babysitting swaps! It allows Daddy C and I a date night and then me a movie night on someone else's couch.


Today I woke up (after getting up once already) to Little E yelling "poo poo" (not uncommon). It's great because she now lets us know that she has gone in her diaper. This time though, was different. We must have had a little too much fun yesterday because we had forgotten to put the diaper that came off outside into the bin. I looked over just as Daddy C was coming out of the bathroom to see Little E pointing at a small log on the floor with great fervour and pride exclaiming her discovery.
Later, it was a return to our Sunday brunch tradition with Grandpa (who's title Little E proudly proclaims as she's reaching for a hug). Then dinner in the back yard with Auntie Soph and Uncle Russ. I may stay up late enough to watch the new show Pan Am at 10:00pm, but I doubt it.

For all of that excitement and activity you'd think I would have documented at least a moment on "film". But alas, no. Next time??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment