Friday, January 6, 2012

Strong start

We've been touring the Strong Start programs at the various elementary schools trying to get a feel for the schools and the neighbourhoods. They all vary in their attendees and play supplies / programs and judging from Little E's reaction the Comox school Brooklyn is her favourite so far.

Little E is behaving differently towards the other kids and I realize that it's because they are all new and unknown. She still asks for her friends in Vancouver and I suppose I underestimated the depth of her relationships. After reflecting on a drive to Nanaimo and back (dropping off Daddy C to head over to the mainland to work on the house) I realized that she would be feeling the same as me right now.
I miss my friends and sister, I'm nostalgic for the city and my home and everything here is new again. Except that it's old because I grew up here. Anyway, we're just getting settled I suppose - this is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment